Getting Started with FTA: Overview
This page has moved. If you arrived here via direct link, please update your bookmark.
You should be automatically forwarded to the new dynamic version of FTAList. Or you can go there now.
What you absolutely need:
- A clear view of the southern sky
- A dish, 30 inches or wider
- A Ku-band LNBF
- A Free-to-air DVB receiver
To hit multiple satellites from one dish, add:
- A dish-moving motor
Really helpful stuff for installation:
- A compass with degree marks
- A level
- True RG6 coax cable
- A 7/16-inch wrench, for most dishes
- A portable TV
- A signal strength meter
The four simple steps:
- Find a place for the dish. It has to have a clear view to the south, although the exact direction varies.
- Get your equipment. Choose what you want, see who sells it for a good price, and go get it.
- Install. You can do it yourself with a few helpful tools, or you can pay someone else to do it.
- Find your channels. Use FTAList as a guide to tell your receiver where to look for the channels you want.